Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sendmail Conf problem - SMTP Problem - Cannot Bind - Duplicate Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

skwalker59

Programmer
Aug 5, 2002
US
I cant' seem to get sendmail to work on SCO Open sys 5.0.5 - I get the following error in syslog:
Aug 1 08:40:49 pap01 sendmail[4727]: problem creating SMTP socket
Aug 1 08:40:54 pap01 sendmail[4727]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): opendaemonsocket: cannot bind: Address already in use
Aug 1 08:40:54 pap01 sendmail[4727]: problem creating SMTP socket
Aug 1 08:40:54 pap01 sendmail[4727]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): opendaemonsocket: server SMTP socket wedged: exiting

I am simply trying to forward all email that has an unknown address to an exchange server on the net that will send it out. (I am only sending it one way)

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks

Have you applied any of the sendmail related patches? Did you download and compile your own version of sendmail or use what came with 5.0.5? Pat Welch, UBB Computer Services
Caldera Authorized Partner
Unix/Linux/Windows/Hardware Sales/Support
(209) 745-1401 Fax: (413) 714-2833

Have you confirmed if the sendmail daemon is up and running and accepting connections ??? Telnet to the server running sendmail as follows:
telnet < server ip > 25

if you are able to establish a connection means that sendmail daemon is working fine. also check is deliver daemon is running

Have you confirmed if the sendmail daemon is up and running and accepting connections ??? Telnet to the server running sendmail as follows:
telnet < server ip > 25

if you are able to establish a connection means that sendmail daemon is working fine. also check is deliver daemon is running

lalaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back