Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SendKeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

NW

Programmer
Feb 3, 2000
GB
Is there a way to send "SpaceBar" Key to a different App. running on desktop from VB using SendKeys or any other method?

I have an external tutorial application (a web App.) that run one chapter at a time and waits for a click on the next button to play the next chapter. Is there a way to send mouse Click event to this button or spacebar Key (button has the focus) and execute its click event (which will play next chapter) automatically in very 5 mins.?

I hope this is possible in VB?
Thanks in advance.
NW

NW,

Have you even tried any of the suggestions in your origional thread222-433349 ? I could bet that you have not because you would have found out along the way on how to use the SendMessage API which will send a click event to a button and you can use it to send characters including hot keys like you ask in thread711-436075 instead of having to use the AppActive function, of which you will still need the handle to that window. These forums are for learning and exchange of ideas for solving a problem. They are not for having your problem solved for you like your repost of your origional thread in thread222-436007.

Now to answer your question is it possible to send a click to a web browser. Yes it is. You could even create your own web browser with the webbrowser control and use it to send clicks and fill in values on forms from websites. Search your formus for "webbrowser click" using all words and you will find plenty of info on how to click submit buttons and fill in textboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back