Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sendkeys btw. excel to extra 6.5 object_in a password field

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorRavagnani

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2015
BR
Hello Gentleman, could use some help...

When I acquired a password (string) from an inputbox in excel vba, suddenly faced an unusual situation: for a password field in extra 6.5!, sendkeys and/or putstring turns the text into case Insensitive.

DO you faced anything like it?

thank you and happy coding!

Hi,

So if you were to manually enter a case sensitive password in the terminal emulator, it will log you in, but your program fails to transfer such a password to achieve a successful login?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

So what do you mean, "got it," for the benefit of others.

Skip,
[sub]

Here a better explanation:

Code:
[indent]Dim pass as string:pass = InputBox("Mainframe Pass")[/indent]
[indent].PutString (pass), 12, 60[/indent]
[indent].SendKeys ("<Enter>")[/indent]
[indent].WaitHostQuiet (0)[/indent]

Keep in mind that the registered password would be "PassWord!02".

The event inputbox occurs into the excel vba code and the user insert: "paSSWord!02"

Then the vba code transports the wrong password correctly to the OIA (using debug.print you can realize it and also inserting it into other fields that are not a password) and the terminal accepts it as the correct password.

You are aware that in some cases, for instance an IMS system, it's ALL upper case, regardless of what case you enter.

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back