Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending specific extensions down specific trunks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2001
GB
I want to be able to send a specific extension (or group of) down a specific trunk when they try to get an outside line.

i.e. I have two groups of people, when the first group hit 9 for an outside line they will go out via trunk 1 - the other group will go out via trunk 2 if they hit 9.

I've been wracking my brain over this for a couple of days - am I missing something simple? Please put me out of my misery :(

Cheers,

Virgil.

Virgil,

the simplest way is to use different frls. you can set frl (facility restriction level) in the class of restriction, assign the cor to the needed users and then configure your route pattern to require higher frl to route over trunk 1, lower frl for trunk 2 and so on. pretty simple.

The best way to do this is partition-route-table. You assign which route pattern to use in the partition-route-table. Then you change the ARS table to use the partition table number instead of the route pattern number. Finally, you set up CORs which to be assigned to the different partition route indexes by changing the "time of day chart" setting to match the partition route index for the route patterns you wish to use.

I always try to avoid messing with FRLs when possible as it can have unintended consequences.

Statements expressed in this post are my own opinions and should not be considered as the opinion of my employer.

schned99 is right on. Partition-route-table is exactly what you need to set up.

Thanks guys, sorry for the late reply - I've been on hols. This should give me plenty to play with for a few hours...

Cheers,

Virgil.

How does h.323 IPtrunk works on a remote VPN location.
Lets' say if I want to set up Ip phones at my other location and i'm connecting thru VPN. I want to connect the phones thru callsrv(clan)and medpro. I don't have a phone system at my other location, there using pots line. i would like to get them in our phone system ,so when dial by extension.

I'm all ready using a clan card and med pro

isaacman,

take a look at multitech multivoip gateways. i think that's the one you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back