Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending scheduled reports to a printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

josefin

Programmer
Oct 29, 2002
NZ
I am new to crystal enterprise,and am trying to schedule a report and have it go directly to a printer. I keep getting the error message Info Server cannot access the specified printer !, so obviously there is something that I need to set up but I am unsure what, or how?

Have a few questions:
Does the system account have access to the printers/print servers that users are trying to print to? If so, are the appropriate printers installed on the CE server? If a user goes through the viewer to print, they are using their printer drivers, if destination is straight to printer from a schedule, the instance is relying on the server's.

The server has access to the printer server, as I can print from the crystal job server using the command lpr -P printername -S servername, and it works fine, but when I schedule a report in the crystal management console and set the destination to be lpr -P printername -S servername the report fails saying that info sever does not have access to the specified printer.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm running into the same problem. The only printers I have been able to print to have been Widows shares. Is it even possible to print to an lpr printer?

Hi,
How are you printing directly from the job server without using the CMC?

[profile]

Another question:

Is anyone able to burst a report to multiple printers?

Thanks,

John

Using the command line on the server, just typed in lpr -p printername -s servername ... with the relevant names in place of printer and server name of course.

Hi,
The CE Server and the CE Services are separate things, so just because the Server machine can print to something ( it is using your logon credentials) does not mean that the pageserver or jobserver services can do so..Have those services run under an account that has rights to the printer - ( run it as the account you used when you printed from the server, for a start)

hth,
[profile]

Turkbear is on the right track.
It's the service account that needs to have the network access to the printer or the printer location.

Rat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back