Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending same email every week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sircorp

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2002
US
Help! How can I send an email with the same content, to the same receipents, week after week. Saw posting about reminders, and tasks. But do they show up as emails for them to open? The people that i will be sending it too only use groupwise for the email aspect and are unaware of any other uses.(as, unfortunatlly, am I) Thanks in advance for the help.

I have used delayed delivery to accomplish this task. I used an appointment with delayed delivery and a special title in the subject line. I then created a rule that drafts an email to certain people whenever this appointment is delivered. This way, if the recepicants check the properties of the email, it appears as though it was just created and the delayed delivery doesn't appear. Just create appointments that fit your rule and delay the delivery until the time you want to send the email.

It might work in your situation.

Reminders and tasks DO show up as incoming mailbox objects so they will work for a single delayed message, but not a recurring one which you're looking for.

dennis

Try hunting down "sendnlm" on the internet. It's a command-line mailer which can be used with cron to do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back