Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending requests to HTTP server and receiving HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

sad69

Programmer
Jan 30, 2004
CA
Hi all,

I would like to know how I might be able to do something using PHP (or some other technology that will allow this...).

What I need to do, and I know that it's possible because this is what web browsers do all the time, is send an HTTP request and receive the HTML file from that server replying to my request.

I've got an HTML file, and it contains a form with all hidden input fields and automatically (using <body onLoad=form.submit()>) submits itself to an asp page on the web.

Basically I'd like to POST all the information from that form to some ASP page on the web, and download the HTML response file so that I can parse its HTML code (using PHP's PERL abilities).

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Sadiq.

Wrong forum. Might want to try over in the PHP forum.

Z

Hehe, didn't know there was one (newbie here...). I look for it and repost over there.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back