Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending pre-existing PDFs to printer using Access VBA code

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceWMoore

Programmer
Jun 29, 2003
US
In regard to thread705-1478540 it occurred to me that there might be a rather simple solution. I think that it might work to just shell out to a copy or xcopy command which copies the PDFs in question to the printer. This is a variation on the old "copy temp.txt lpt1:" syntax from the MS DOS days.

This would be much cleaner than having the Adobe Reader start up, and then have to kill that process, etc, and would accomplish the task with a minimum of extra steps.

Bruce W. Moore

A command line print would work but a copy to the printer port would have nasty results as it would treat an adobe file as text and print the mess.

I did not try it but it looks like the adobe reader command line switch to print may be /t

Looks promising but because sometimes the URL links die, here is the thread link.

thread222-1251267

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back