Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending poweroff info for system through SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

alimalik

Technical User
Aug 15, 2005
QA
Can anybody help me out in this problem, i want to send my machine poweroff info through SMS into my mobile, i have done it by send through email, now i am trying to do it through mobile SMS????

you will need a modem calling the SMS gateway of your net provider using yaps or a GSM Modem (which is more or less a GSM mobile), which can send SMS

Best Regards, Franz
--
Solaris System Manager from Munich, Germany
I used to work for Sun Microsystems Support (EMEA) for 5 years in the domain of the OS, Backup and Storage

Alternatively if you search the web there are a few people who provide a service where you can email a certain address and it will be transmitted via SMS. Usually for a small fee...

Annihilannic.

Check your cellular provider's web site. With mine, I can send an email to [tt]<mobile number>@vtext.com[/tt] (i.e. [tt]9495551234@vtext.com[/tt]) and it will show up on my phone. I have several systems sending me status on specific events.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back