Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending output from Stored Procedure via ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradEdwards

Technical User
Oct 7, 2000
US
I created the following (simple) Stored Procedure. The real one is a lot more detailed but I created this simple one to make sure that it worked

CREATE PROCEDURE spTest AS

Create Table #Date
(
Branch int,
)
INSERT INTO #Data (Branch)
(SELECT Branch
FROM tblSalesInc)

SELECT Branch from #Data

Now executing this sp from the Query Analyzer generates a list of Branches as would be expected. My problem is when I try and execute using ASP and dump the fields out to the web page it gives me the following error:

ADODB.Fields error '800a0cc1'
ADO could not find the object in the collection corresponding to the name or ordinal reference requested by the application

Here is my asp code:

<%
Dim rs, objconn

Set objConn = Server.CreateObject(&quot;ADODB.Connection&quot;)
Set rs = Server.CreateObject(&quot;ADODB.Recordset&quot;)
objConn.Open strConnect

rs.open objConn.execute(&quot;spTest&quot;)
response.write rs(&quot;Branch&quot;)
%>

Now if I change the stored Procedure by taking out the CREATE TABLE and just use SELECT Branch from tblSalesInc it works fine, but as soon as I create a temporary table and try to select records from it that's when I get the previous error. Any ideas would be helpful. I'm going to have to create some pretty involved stored procedures using temporary tables so I hope that I'm going to be able to do that.

You cannot return data in ASP from temporary tables in ADO on SQL server. ADO does not see the # tables.(as far as I know)

Use a permanent table instead.

Hope this helps, s-)

Blessed is he who in the name of justice and goodwill, sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back