Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending multiple emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonnieJohnson

Programmer
Apr 16, 2001
US
I am a database application programmer. I built an application in access that sends multiple emails to recepiants in a database. It goes out via windows xp and outlook.

The user of this application has a dynamic address and asked me this question...

We have kept a dynamic address trying to keep the cost down. Could we access our mail server faster with a faster upload speed?
It takes quite awhile to send out 1000 emails one-at-a-time. This would solve the IP Address issue also, albeit with a significantly greater cost of operation.

What should I tell him?

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==> Contact me at ==>lonniejohnson@prodev.us

May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

The recipiants in the group change constantly depending upon the setting of a flag on each record. If it is Yes, then get a mail, if not no mail. There are over a 1000 names and any number of them can have the flag flipped one way or another at any time.

Does that make sense?

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==> Contact me at ==>lonniejohnson@prodev.us

May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back