Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending multiple emails through outlook interop API (C# winform)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VBGuy2112

Programmer
Feb 19, 2002
US
I'm working on a C# winforms application (.net framework 3.5). I'm opening an outlook email with an attachment using the outlook interop. We're working in a citrix environment, and it takes a LONG time to load the outlook API each time we open an email (takes 13 seconds for each email). So I'm trying to keep an instance of the outlook API in memory (using static instance of the outlook application object) so it only has to load 1 time.

The 2nd time I open an email window, I get the following message "The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)". This happens as soon as I call the email function and it references the static variable of the outlook object (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application).

Any ideas as to why this is happening, how I can get rid of the error, or a faster way to send an email such that it will appear in the users outlook sent folder?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back