Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending messages on a workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkiehner

Programmer
Aug 16, 2001
US
Good day all,
Just got our W2K computer at our FD working and had a question presented to me that I could not answer.
I have about 15 people that have permissions on the computer and I was asked by the Chief if there was a way to send messages within Outlook (or some other program) to the other users of the workstation so that they will get them when they log on to the workstation. We are not on a lan (at this time) just a single puter with W2K Pro installed.
Any assistance would be appreciated in advance.
Frank Kiehner
East Prospect Pa FD.
fkiehner@solution4u.com
Frank Kiehner
fkiehner@solution4u.com

Frank, think about this:

For about $20 (or a lot less sometimes), you can buy a domain name. I know of at least one web hosting service that will let you run your mail from that domain--even if you don't have a website set up. You can get this for (if I recall) like $10/month for a year. Do I know of another setup you can use? Only Net folders. I assume you don't have a net... dreamboat@nni.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back