Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending mail problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawz

Technical User
Dec 24, 2002
GB
hello all, I recently gave someone an external modem.

I tested it here by sending messages to myself and it seemed fine but he is having problems.

Here is what he said in an e-mail earlier

-

When I compose an email, as soon as I press the send button, everything freezes. All I can do is press ctrl-alt-del, then end task, at which point I am back to the desktop and have to restart Outlook Express. I then find the newly composed email in the outbox.

Second problem. If the modem is on and someone calls me, there is quickly buzzing interference on the line.

Once he has been online for a while he can send e-mails without problem, it just seems to be the first one. Presumably he composes it and then goes on to send it.

The buzzing on the line when he answers the phone with the modem switched on sounds to me like the modem is initialising. Is there a string I can type in to shut off auto-answer? Do I need to know the make and model of the modem for that please?

as ever, thankyou

Gracie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back