Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending mail beyond the server with a host listed in rcpthosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiciAv20

Programmer
Oct 7, 2003
US
Hello, I have a server running qmail and I was wondering if it could be configured so that I can send mail out of one of my host addresses listed in rcpthosts. I want to be able to send mail from example@karastorm.org for example to my ISP's email address averety@earthlink.net. I also want to keep rcpthosts file the same if at all possible. According to the documentation found, I should be able to send from the server with karastorm.org listed in the file but I cannot. Any ideas would help, thanks.

Nicole

I cannot quite picture what you're trying to do - whether you want to forward a copy of incoming mail to another account or whether you want outgoing mail to be relayed via anther server.

If you want to forward a copy, modify the user's .qmail file with two delivery instructions.

If you want to send SMTP via another server, review the 'smtproutes' file. It doesn't exist by default, BTW.

"Surfinbox Shares" - A fundraising program that builds revenue from dialup Internet users.

If you want to forward to another emailbox, use .forward, in you profile, key the address in the .forward under the user profile and that should work. If you are using this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back