Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Internet emails from goldmine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverBoy868

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2013
US
Hello Community,
I hope all is well. I am trying to set up Goldmine to send internet emails and have ran into a brick wall. I've spent quite a bit of time reading through old threads and failed to find a solution. When sending an internet email via Goldmine I receive the following error message:

"550-(username)[My IP Address]:3072 is currently not permitted to relay through"

Here are some things to know:
-GM Version: 6.70.50123. WinXP
-Configured POP3/SMTP servers on the internet tab with exactly the same info from outlook settings
-POP3/SMTP servers on the accounts tab shows the same settings from the internet tab
-Under advance options in the accounts tab port # shows 110, 25 respectively
-The server require authentication check box is NOT checked. The settings from my outlook requires auth but uses"same settings as my incoming mail server". Note, I have also checked this box but received a different error"535 Incorrect Authentication Data"
-Password is correct in GM. PING email server passed. GM is running on a network. It has never been setup to send internet email. GM internal emails work fine.

It is obvious to me that I have to "grant RELAY permissions" to Goldmine somewhere to allow it to send emails. THIS IS WHERE I AM STUCK. So the questions are:

-Where do I go to set these permissions? The best guess would be my Internet Domain Registrar(email server).
-How do I determine what my Goldmine Server is? Is it my IP address + port? I notice the port # changes everytime.
-Why would outlook work and GM not work when using exactly the same settings?
-What else do I need to check, set or configure to achieve what seemed to be such a simple task.
-How do I get this working?

PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT FOR FURTHER EVALUATION

Thanks for all your help in advance!

You have to believe what this says:

"550-(username)[My IP Address]:3072 is currently not permitted to relay through"

You have the wrong settings in GoldMine or your are being blocked. Talk to your ISP.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Hello DJ,
Thanks for your response. I was actually able to fix this problem. Apparently my version of GM does not like the format name@company.com for it's username. After changing my username to name+company.com, voila. Emails started pouring in. Thanks again for your continuous support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back