Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending FROM a public folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC801340

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2001
GB
I have set up a public folder with an email address.

I want users to be able to send from the public folder address.

In the "Directory Rights" permissions of the public folder, I have ensured that the users have "Send As" rights.

However when they try to send from the address (by typing it into the FROM field), mail is returned with the error "You do not have permission to send to this recipient".

Am I missing something simple!!?

Many thanks

From ESM, click the Delivery Options buton in the Exchange General tab in the folder properites and add your user to it.

Thanks Nick...

I've added the users who need to send from the public folder address...BUT still the same problem!

I assume these email addresses/account are all in the same domain?

So let me get this right, your config lets you send the mail - but you get a System Administrator NDR saying could not deliver?
Or does it not let you send the mail at all?

Have you tried sending it From the public folder TO the public folder? Just thinking your mail account may have Delivery Restrctions to only allow emails from Authenticated users or something.

Does this work for all public folders or just one?

Try performing your configuration with a new public folder?

The addresses are NOT in the same domain. My users all have the address name@abc.com and the public folder which I want them to send mail out from has the address mail@xyz.com.

When users send mail FROM the mail@xyz.com address to ANY address (internal and external) they immediately receive an NDR saying "You do not have permission to send to this recipient".

Sending a mail from the public folder to the public folder has the same result.

I suspect the different domain is causing problems??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back