Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Form dates to query

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwelt

Technical User
Jul 19, 2002
US
Ok here's my question:
I'm trying to display, in a text box, the total number of units between two dates inputed by the user. What I'm trying to do is below:

SELECT [Units].[Date], [Units].[Buyer]
FROM [Units]
WHERE ((([Units].[Date]) Between [Forms]![Search]![From] And [Forms]![Search]![To]));

Where [Search] is the name of the form, and [from] and [to] are the names of the text boxes that the user can enter dates. I think the above code should return all records between those dates. After that, I want sum all the products and display the answer in a text box. However, I cant get the above code to work at all. If if manually put in:

Between "01/01/01" And "08/08/08"

in the criteria box, I get correct results. but sending dates from a form seems to mess it up. Any suggestions? And also, how would I go about summing them up after?

1. Is the textbox [From] and [To] formatted as a date
if not format it to a date
2. if you are wanting to set this query as the control source for a text box it won't work , a list box yes
3. I am not sure what you want to sum date and buyer don't sound like number fields

try the above and please clarify what you want to sum

Try enclosing the form object in pound (#) signs, like this:

SELECT [Units].[Date], [Units].[Buyer]
FROM [Units]
WHERE ((([Units].[Date]) Between #[Forms]![Search]![From]# And #[Forms]![Search]![To]#));

The # sign is the delimiter for literal dates in queries.

HTH...

--
Ken S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back