Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending flash quiz data to an html page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashoid

Technical User
Dec 11, 2002
US
I have a flash quiz that has one dynamic text field labeled score that is capturing the users score and I want to pass along that score to a dynamic field in an html page that will display it.

It successfully opens the results.html page but it does not display the score data on the the page.

I have some actionscript on the last frame of the flash quiz (below) that should pass along the score but it doesn't work.

I know the html page is working correctly because it has been used before using a flash component quiz - I am reusing their code below for mine, I just changed the variable name to score (and changed it in the results.html page as well).

var scoreurl;
scoreurl="results.htm?score=" + "&score=";
getURL(scoreurl);

thanks for the code -- it still didnt work but I'm sure it's because I am doing something else wrong.

I put this in the first frame of the flash quiz:

var highscore = 0;

Am I missing something with declaring the variable?

I also named the variable for the score dynamic text box as score. I put a trace in also and the output box does correctly display the right score total so that seems to be working.

This is what I have for code sending the score data:

var scoreurl;
scoreurl="results.htm?highscore=" + highscore.text;
getURL(scoreurl);

still not working but again I think it's something else I am doing wrong, not intitalizing the variable correctly or something like that.

I suspect one of the 2 code clips you submitted will work once I get the other stuff figured out.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back