Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending files as email attachments through access

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarad1978

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
Hi All,

I have a question about how to send files that are created through access. An example is access outputs a bunch of tables as spreadsheets to one file names test.xls on say c:\blah\blah\test.xls. What I'm trying to do is send the test.xls file automatically through a macro or visual basics or something as an attached in an email. I know access has the SendObject option but that only works with one table at a time, the tables I'm working with are all outputted to one file. Any help on where to go to find information on this topic would be great or if someone could acutally tell me what I need to do that would be even better.

Thanks,
Sara

Check out FAQ181-493 for details of how to send automatic e-mails using outlook object model rather than SendObject.

HTH
Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back