Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Faxes with Unified Messaging and BCM450 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguyjim

Technical User
Jul 25, 2011
US
I'm able to receive faxes on a DID number with a target line pointed to the Call Pilot mailbox setup for Express Messaging. The fax shows up in my Outlook fax account.

But I'm not able to send a fax out. I've tried creating a document in Word, then chosing the Call Pilot Fax printer. I can enter a phone number of a physcal fax machine, but nothing happens. No errors, no attempt to call out, nothing.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
Jim

You have to alow the CP to do outdials in the config/COS, also check the mailbox is allowed to outdial.

The mailbox is COS 1 and set to outdial using a Pool 1. Not sure if 1 is correct for the pool, since we're using a PRI. The sets are all configured for Pool = A, not a number as required in the mailbox outdial setup.

I don't see anywhere else to allow CP to outdial.

I get a message saying "Failed to send fax message. Would you like to save the file?"

Thanks.
Jim

I downloaded the CP Fax printer from the the BCM again. There is no setup, I choose Modify but did not see anything that would help.

What tells the CP printer where to go to send a fax? I don't see where it's connected to a mailbox, DN, target line, anything. Actually, the DID fax mailbox probably doesn't have anything to do with outgoing faxes. Word just goes to the print driver. what tells the print driver how to get to the BCM and fax out?

It shouldn't be this difficult!
Thanks.
Jim

Sorry, I don't check this forum as often as I should.
Yes, Curlycord, I got it going. You mentioned lines. I entered the line number for our old copper fax line. That seemed to do it.

Thanks for prompting me in the right direction.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back