Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Faxes via Outlook without a modem (VFP6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarenLloyd

Programmer
Nov 23, 2005
GB
Hi Tek-Tippers

Can you help me please? I'm trying to set up a faxing service from Windows XP using VFP6 and Outlook 2000.

I have set up the Windows Fax Services and added Fax Mail Transport into the Outlook Services. Then, using the code from Peping's faq184-2557, I can generate a fax with an attachment and send it via Outlook.

My problem is that although Outlook sends email via the Internet, the Fax Console trys to connect using dial-up and there is no modem. This means, understandably, that it ends on the messages "The fax to... failed." and "No dial tone. The phone line is in use or is not connected"

Is there a way to change the fax device so that it uses the Internet instead of modem dial-up?

TIA

Karen

Using the FAX Services through Outlook under SBS DOES require a physical FAX/Modem (internal or external) - that is the way it is designed to work. One of my clients used to use it.

If you want to do FAX'ing through Outlook without a physical modem you will need to send the FAX as an email to one of the various Web FAXing services who will forward it to the recipient's FAX machine.

Google for online fax services and you will find a number of them.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

I thought that was going to be too simple!

Thank you, JRB-Bldr

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back