Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Emails to nested groups prblems

Status
Not open for further replies.

password

MIS
Mar 21, 2000
GB
Dear All ;
Can you help me to solve this problem in exchange 2000 Messaging systems .

Environment description :
Active directory with tow domains , Acorp (root)and Bcorp
Exchange Server is joined to Bcorp domain.
All domain controllers are in the same site .
FSMO and global catalog servers are distributed between domain controllers.
Exchange 2000 Version 6.0 (Build 6249.4: Service Pack 3) Enterprise Edition installed on Win2K Advanced Server with SP4.

Problem description:
When I send message to a local group , some times this message doesn’t reach the recipients ( members of this group) , and the message appears in sent items folder .

When I track the message I notice the following

Event Time event

8/7/2005 12:05 PM SMTP: Message Submitted From Store
8/7/2005 12:05 PM SMTP: Message Submitted to advanced Queuing .
8/7/2005 12:05 PM SMTP: Started Message Submition to Advanced Queue.
8/7/2005 12:05 PM SMTP: Message Submitted to categorizer .

Note : the message does not delivered locally to multiple recipients

Any One Can help please
Thank in advance

Poor design. Exchange servers select global catalogs based on site. The membership of a local group can only be expanded on a GC in the same domain. Both domains in your design are in the same site. There a 50/50 chance exchange will select a GC in the root domain. In this event, the last entry you will see in the tracking log is "Message Submitted to Categorizer".

Without a restructure, the quickest route to resolve your problem is to use a universal group. The membership of universal groups is stored on all GCs in the forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back