Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending emailed attachments from A97 Runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemansker

Technical User
Jul 1, 2000
US
SendObject seems to work fine in my database using retail access, opens default email, new message with specified report as an attachment.

The same db in A97 Runtime produces this error:

The Command or Action 'SendObject' isn't available now
You may be in a read-only database or an unconverted database from an earlier version of (my database name).

The type of object the action applies to isn't currently selected or in the active view.

Use only those commands or actions that are currently available for this database.

Any help would be appreciated. Mike

I don't know about your specific situation, but I've used SendObject in runtime A97 without problem. So I don't think it's the SendObject command per se that's the problem, or at least not the whole problem. In fact, here's the exact line of code I used:

DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "rMonthlyReport", acFormatTXT, stMailTo, , , stSubject, stArticleTXT

I wish I could be more helpful as you problem is a real puzzler. Lots of things occur to me that might be the problem, but I would just be guessing. I think I would try paring down the command to the most simple terms until I could get something to work then go from there.

Uncle Jack

UncleJack,

Thanks for your response. The report I'm attaching is formatted text and I've worked around the line and control issues, but I'm attempting to attach it as html. I don't know if this helps narrow the issue, but I appreciate any help you can be anyway.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back