Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Email with VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhtChoklat

Technical User
Jul 11, 2003
US
I am in the process of automating a report for a database. Currently I am outputting the report to a word file in rtf format. I want that file to be in the body of my message and then emailed out. Can anyone help me.

You might try perusing our lovely FAQ section, and look under "E-mail".

Robert

I use the sendmail object (do a google for it). They should have a free one that if used on an email server should work, otherwize you would need to authenticate to an email account using their purchased version. I do not rely on the smtp supplied by iis or the exchange objects.

Other propogation methods are to publish your reports to a directory on the web, as word, excel, text or html files. That way your user simply pops onto a secure website and views the reports.

If sending an email, the report text could be the content, or the html could be the content. No need for rtf.

Jonathan Galpin MCSD
because software should be easy to use

As TheVampire stated there is an FAQ located at faq222-179

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back