Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending email via Mime::Lite over TLS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

Can someone give me an example of how i implement sending emails over TLS via the MIME::Lite module.

I currently use MIME::Lite and send email the normal way.

I did a Google and found some perlmonks threads talking about a hack, but it didn't make much sense and there wasn't a clear example on how to implement the required tls sub routine.

So if you guys could translate for me I'd much appreciate it.

Regards,

1DMF.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Google Rank Extractor -> Perl beta with FusionCharts

Not even knowing what TLS is exactly, my only advice to you would be to look at the source for the other TLS modules on cpan: TLS on cpan

- Miller

For those interested, I have a working solution!

With the help from devshed and that old TT guru Ishnid!

Here is the link to the forum solution....

Hope it helps others with their email security and perl web apps!

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

For those interested I have put together an OOP emailer module to handle TLS.

Here is the FAQ faq219-7495

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back