Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending email using Lotus Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepperca

Programmer
Mar 7, 2002
US
I'm setting up a database for a client who uses Lotus Notes.
I want to use the sendobject command to send email through program. I have been told this is not easy. I am using
Access 2000, I'm not sure what version of Lotus Notes. Does
Lotus Notes need to be open when command is run? Can you even use the sendobject command?

I would appreciate any help.

Cindy

There are several previous threads regarding Lotus Notes - they are probably a good starting point for your questions. See thread705-465811 thread181-310363 thread705-241262 thread181-67791 thread702-92097 or thread181-322380

i've checked out the links but still not to clear about some of the stuff. what i want to do is for the application to send out an email from a designated mailbox. however i don't want to assign rights to the mailbox, i was planning on putting the server info, server file info and the password in the database. all the examples i've seen you have to create an instance of the local mailbox before you can access other mail boxes, and this requires assigning access rights. is this popssible? thanks in advance.

jeff

This may sound like something I am overlooking, but how do I get it to run the Module - Sub SendNotesMail, I want a button then when pressed would e-mail the form on which it is on to a certain user using Lotus Notes !!
I can a) Create the Form
b) Create a button
but how do I tell the button that "onclick"
run Sub SendNotesMail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back