Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending email to AOL account

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycruce

Programmer
Jun 25, 2002
US
I am having trouble getting email to aol account to go through. The following is the code I use to send emails

for ($i=0; $i<=$#ToAddresses; $i++){

print EMAIL &quot;To: $ToAddresses[$i]\n&quot;;

}
print EMAIL &quot;From: $FromAddress\n&quot;;
print EMAIL &quot;Subject: $Subject\n\n&quot;;
print EMAIL &quot;$Body&quot;;
close (EMAIL) or die (&quot;Can't close email pipe&quot;);

The $ToAddress[$i] looks line firstname lastname <email addr>

When the emailaddr is anything like xxxx@aol.com the mail goes out OK, there is no undeliverable mail notitification but the receipient doesn't get the message. I even have a case where I tried the following two email addresses

exelaw@aol.com
exelaw@vail.net

The first one of these disappeared while the second was delivered properly. I have also tried sending to other aol accounts with the same results. Any idea of what could be going on? I was able to check one of the recipient's aol setup and they didn't have any kind of blocking activated. The from address is testname@bigfoot.com. Don't see how this could be the problem because the aol people received messages from me with the bigfoot.com return address when I sent them through MS Outlook.

Thanks for any help

Andy Cruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back