Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending email from 3rd Party Software... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

markcsand

MIS
Apr 8, 2004
US
Hopefully someone can help me. I am using a 3rd party software program that will send out an email when a job is complete. However, since I upgraded to Outlook 2003 on this PC I get a pop up box asking me if I will allow this program to send out an email. If I choose yes it will go through but I don't want to have to choose because this is an unmanned PC. Is there a way to bypass this security feature? Mayby a registry entry or something?

Thanks,
Mark

Try doing a site search also (I've posted this at least a dozen times). The fix suggested by MS is to download and register cdo1.2.1.dll. The newer one, 1.2.1s, has the annoying popups.

"No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously."

Thanks, RivetHed, for that link. That looks pretty interesting. Say, sorry about what happened to your head. [wink]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back