Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending DN CLID from Ties

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxn

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2005
US
I have an opt 61 where my did I/O circuits reside. From there I have PRI's built as ties between sites. So if site A makes a call, it routes over the tie, to my main 61, and then out.
Right now I have clid tables built in site A as
Entr 0
HNTN 502
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN No
ESA_APDN Yes
HLCL 259
DIDN Yes
HLOC
Class_FMT DN

I am able to send DN Clid from phones programmed on main switch. But if a caller from site A makes a call it sends my general PRI CLID. Is there anything in the rdb or something that is preventing sending DN CLID that I should check for?

in the tandem switch are you sending didn? if so be sure you match the pni in both switches on the route and in the cdb.. then monitor the d to see what your sending... ld 96 enl msgo x on the tandem switch on the outbound cot.. then look at the link between you... if pni matches it will all work BUT... the only way to know what you send is to monitor it in the screen..depending on the providers build, he may be seeing your remote didn yes and sending the default billing..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ok so I looked at msgo's on site A. I had a user that is using the general Clid table 0 to call me, (9+) The msgo showed that she is sending 4 digits instead of the full clid. Any ideas?

Alright for kicks and since I saw full CLID on LD calls going out. I had same user call my cell, (LD Call). her correct full CLID is being sent out. It looks as though the general PRI CLID is being sent out on only local calls, but works correctly when dialing LD??

that would mean to me that it is going to providers, local and ld, only ld sends it to the far end... that or check the rcap in each d... mon the local d to see if it's you or the local provider

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Make certain that you have RCAP=ND2 and SIGO=ESN5 the same on both sides.

SIGO, is an example, but make sure they match.

You could also try playing with your DMI and make the CTYP=NPA, burt the RCAP and SIGO should work for you.

Checked the rcap on both sides. They match ND2, same as sigo. When monitoring site A, local calls show just the dn of the caller, whereas ld has the full number. Will check the dmi tables.

the dmi forces the switch to see just the output side, blows away the original dn and name

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sort of still a little confused on this one. LD calls over tie send the individual CLID. Local's still send default PRI CLID, because only 4 digits are being sent. The confusion is, both LD and Local calls go out the same route? Where do I look to find where the digits are being stripped for local, but inserted for LD?
Thanks all for the posts.

the swtich will not do that.. the local carrier will.. you send clid on every call.. the local carrier sees 1 as the 1str digit and sends that to your pick.. ie ld carrier.. anyother 1st digit they process as local, and they do not look at your clid field for information... it's a program line in the dms just like this switch... when i call joe he sees my name, when i call bill he doesn;t... where is my phone stripping the name? it's not, bills phone does not look at that field... chg bills cls marks and have the local provider change theres... same problem, different scale

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ok well here is another kicker. Both local and LD are through same provider and go out same PRI (Bell). Now when I look at D-ch msgo, I see just the extension of the caller for local being sent out, but the full number area code and all out LD? If I am sounding like a rambling idiot on this, just give me a virtual slap John, lol. Thanks again for the help

no, even with one pri your problem is your local provider.. you know the route, clid table and set are working in the switch.. hate to repeat myself but that's all we can check in the switch.. have you talked to the provider?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Just curious, but what is the num plan show for local vs LD calls? Is there any difference?

Sent provider an email this morning to have them check it out. Thanks John

telecom, no differance between the two.

Sounds as though I have everything correct, just wanted to make sure my side was good, before I got the provider involved. Thanks again guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back