Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Cart to PayPal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevets2001uk

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2002
GB
I've been looking for ages for some vb.net code samples.

I'm part of the way into planning a custom shopping cart solution for my website. Customers need to be able to select a range of sizes and finishes for my photographs determined by fields in my database. My shipping calculations will also be quite complex and none of it can be reasonably done cirectly in the paypal cart.

I'm sure with the help of some tutorials I can get a custom cart working pretty quickly but I'm unsure how I pass the items from my cart to a paypal one for final payment.

Ideally I'd like to find a way to loop through the items in my cart and add them to a paypal one when the user clicks checkout. I'd also need to push over my shipping price once calculated. I'd like it to appear itemised in paypal so it looks better to the client and is easier for me to complete the orders.

Does anyone have ideas of where to start with this. It seems simple in principle but I can't figure it out.

Steve G (MCSE / MCSA:Messaging)

You will have to contact PayPal or check their website. I'm sure there is an API that you can all to do what you need to. But this is a question for PayPal, not an aSP.NET forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back