Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending calls to cell | Forced outbound route ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdom

MIS
Oct 5, 2005
US
Hi everyone:

I've got two issues I'm going get a bit of help with:

1. I'm setting up a new IVR for an office that's coming onboard here. There is one user who will not have an extension - he uses his cell exclusively. External callers need to get to him via the IVR, however. What's the easiest way to have the IVR transfer the call to his cell and transmit the originating caller ID to him? I use misc. destinations from time to time, but it doesn't have a caller id option. A ring group is possible, but I don't know what to set for the destination if no answer. I suppose another option would be to create a virtual extension for the user and set permanent call forward, but the question about transmitting caller id comes up again.

2. I have two users who need to use a specific outbound route and SIP trunk when they make calls. Right now, I have a prefix code in that works, but it's cumbersome to have to dial it every time. Is there a way I can assign a specific outbound route to these two extensions to select the correct route each time they make outbound calls without having to dial a prefix?

Many thanks to everyone for their help!

-M

The use of the caller ID of the incoming call for the outgoing call to an external destination depends on the trunk type that you use and the system configuration. If you use SIP or PRI trunks, it should be possible to configure the system to do that.

You can create a custom context that allows only specific outbound route(s) and select it in the Call Restrictions control of the two extensions. The two extensions will then use only the allowed outbound route(s). Other extensions will use all outbound routes starting from the first to last.

IVR----> Virtual Ext -----> FWD to CEll, while maintaining the CID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back