Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Bulk Emails With Attachments Without Using Microsoft Outlook. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmad kaj

Programmer
Apr 29, 2022
NG
Hi,

Can anyone help me with the procedure and sample code for sending bulk emails with attachments without using Outlook?. Code that has been tested and functional that can work smoothly on Windows 7 - 11.

Thanks.

Good day,

Thank you for the above link. I tried using the code. I keep getting 'RCPT Failed' and 'DATA failed' What possibly am I doing wrong?
Kind advise please.

I have tried changing the port from 25 to 465 and/or 587, Still no LUCK.

Regards,

FAIZAL

Google is your friend:

In both cases the FROM mail address can be the culprit, but more generally speaking, your authhentication towards your SMPT server has to be correct and even then you may only be able to send to a set of known recipients, etc.

That all depends on your mail server and how it accepts connections and communication within the connection. Nobody can help you about YOUR credentials and authenitcation towards your SMTP server, you have to get all necessary information about that from your ISP/mail provider.

Chriss

Hi,

The Best solution i have found so far that works 100% without problem is sending mail messages with the Chilkat ActiveX Object. it is a perfect tool no need for outlook and it can easily stream up to 15 emails in a minute and also you can add attachments as needed ( You open the session once and send emails as many as you want then once done you close the session ) if you need a code that you can use tell me so i can send a clear code that you can easily implement and it works.

If you have problems as MOTARA has them, using Chilkat vs the FAQ code won't solve that problem for you. Chilkat does not log in to a mail server by trying many things, it also needs the exact informations about mail server name, port, authentication method, etc. from you.

There are many alternative solutions. SPS blog has a bunch load of code to send mails in different ways, here's another one from Doug Hennig: There's MailKit, as mentioned by Doug Hennig and many many more. but they all only work on the basis of knowing how your mail server works in terms of connecting to it, authenticating, as there are many ways to log in, and there are also many modes in which a mail server works, while you're connected.

For that reason, a mail client that's set up and works and can be automated is a bulk load of work taken away from you about these aspects.

Chriss

Ahmad,

Maybe I'm being nosy, but for what business purpose do you want to send bulk emails with attachments?

what business purpose do you want to send bulk emails with attachments?

I don't know anything about Ahmed's application, but I would have thought it was a fairly common requirement. For example, a company I know sends a monthly newsletter to about 2,000 of its customers. The newsletter is a PDF attached to a standard email message. I'm sure many of us could cite other examples.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

We use bulk email sending for pay stubs in our payroll software and for certain clients it is weekly, and some clients have over 600 employees. And the actual paystub is a PDF.

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

I’m just wondering why a virus is able to find the right smtp settings to do it’s nasty job. We - ordinary people - have to enter everything exactly according to provider’s wishes and a virus is either smarter than us or is able to try many variables in the hope (or knowledge) something will work. I’ve never programmed a virus, but I’m curious why they seem to be able to setup a working smtp server.

Regards, Gerrit

Gerrit,

first a virus can make use of mail client automation with the standard interface for it but they won't need that, they can run their own mail servers in the cloud that don't ask for the proper authentification. Their problem moves from the problem of sending mail via a proper mailserver to the protocols of forwarding mails between mail servers. I don't even know from the top of my hat how that is regulated. But it should be clear that posting a mail to your mailserver is like putting a letter into a mailbox and that just begins the journey to the destination mailserver, where the recipient can get its mails from.

It's indeed true that a virus also can include in itself a lot of things as a http, ftp or smtp server can be small sized implementations, but I guess a virus today is mostly a trojan that gets what it needs and loads it to your computer, if at all, in todays infrastructure they will have their army of servers in the cloud, your pc just becomes another client of these networks of malware and spam.

It's quite far fetched that a virus programmer would consult a programming forum to learn such things.

Chriss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back