Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending announcements to employees Home #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guntha

MIS
Mar 8, 2001
US
I have been asked to send a pre recorded announcement to all of our employees home phone numbers (around 200 employees)

I was looking into Shared Distribution lists on Call Pilot but was unable to add my cell number to the SDL I created as a test. this has me curious if this scenario is possible with my Option 11/Call Pilot 4.0?

If it is; I would like to pull employees names and phone numbers from our HR database into a CSV file and import it to the SDL. Is there a way of importing this data into a Shared Distribution list so I can send out a broadcast message?

Thanks!!!!
G

your not setup for that.. unless you have 50 or so cp ports.. even if you get it setup, your cp would be all channels busy forever depending on the length of the msg..
for that to work you would almost need remote notification enabled for each mb.. maybe just for urgent msgs.. it's still going to take hours between user 1 and user 200

we have inclement weather announcements for each dept.. if the dept head wants a 2 hour delay, he records a msg.. to notify 200 users at home.. email would seem a better option.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I think your best bet is a 3rd party call center - there are companies that will take your recorded announcement and your csv list of numbers and broadcast the message to all of them - I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the one we use from time to time and the marketing people are all gone home - these places are geared to marketing but your announcement should work just as well. They don't really care what the purpose or message is - they just want their dollars per number dialed.

Cool Hand Luke said:
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."

that may be a better solution. i haven't delt with that type of vendor, but they are out there.. prior to the do not call list they were doing a great business.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thank you for the advice Gentelmen.

G

Yup - I should point out that it is up to you to maintain your list of numbers so that nobody on a do not call list gets called - but since it's your own employees and the call is company business there shouldn't be much of a problem.

I found out the company we use is called Premier Global Services:
(Moderators please delete if this type of advertising is against the board rules)

Cool Hand Luke said:
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back