Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending ANI/Caller ID 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcomwork

Technical User
Mar 2, 2002
US
What do I need to request from my carrier as well as what trunk configuration do I need to configure send ANI/Caller ID from our office? I am running a G3R R11 using AT&T.

Right now every number shows up as our default xxx-xxx-0500

Thank you

Tell them you will be sending the Caller id number, check your truck groups and make sure you are "Sending Name" and "Sending Number". Then do a "ch isdn pub" and make sure there is nothing entered. Then you can change the cid for individual exts there.

In the future everything will work...

On the trunk "Send Name" and "Send Number" are "y". There is nothing in the "ISDN PUB NUM".

Where do I change CID for individuals extensions?
Thanks for helping me.

Should any of these options be set to "y" or diffrent? Willing testing it by changing have any adverse affects?

Send UCID? n
US NI Delayed Calling Name Update? n
Numbering Format: locl-pub
Digit Handling (in/out): enbloc/enbloc
Outgoing Channel ID Encoding: preferred

The change for the extensions is programmed in ISDN PUB NUM. Here is a sample of what ours look like.

Ext Ext Trk CPN Total CPN
Len Code Grp(s) Len
4 12 2-3 XXX817 10

Substitute your area code for XXX. (Didn't want to publish our numbers for all the world to see.) In other words, DID's in this example are XXX-817-1200 through 817-1299 and they route out over trunk group's 2 and 3.

What's the extension code? Should I use 12?

So one line would server for all prefixes adn if we had more than one prefix int he building I would add the second too. How could I define what extensions were coming from what prefixes?

Ext code is the digits your ext start with...so for example if your DID is 801-555-6755 you would enter

Ext Ext Trk CPN Total CPN
Len Code Grp(s) Len
4 6 801555 10

This would result in the 8015556755 showing up for outbound calls and anyone else with a ext that starts with 6. I left the Trk Grp field blank so that it would show on all trunk groups.

Working like a champ!

NX01 and f0netech I'm donating money to the site in your names!

Thanks guys

Here's my message to the "seller"

"I'm donating this money to NX01 and f0netech for helping me with outpulsing CID! These two people really helped me out."

Hi all.
This works great for sending the number but how do you change what name appears on the caller ID (on the receivers side?)

Is this even possible? I was told that the name that appears on the outgoing caller ID is controlled by the phone co. Can I change the name that gets sent out on a per-station level. For example...can I have the called id from extention 1234 show up as XYZ COMPANY while the caller ID from extention 1235 appears as ABC COMPANY?

Thanks for any info!

I would think you could have seperate CID if you had seperate trunks.

In the US, name is retrieved by the receiving telco using a database lookup. The number you transmit, the name is retrieved, assuming billing arrangements are in place beteween both carriers. The name that is listed is under the control of the 'originating' lec/clec. In certain cases the 'send name' will work between avaya equipment accross the PSTN, but it is not 'universal'.

I turned up two new Ts but I don't have the "ISDN PUB NUM" fileds any longer. How can I get this option back so I can outpulse the calling number?

Thank you!

What an idiot, it's not on the trunks! Nevermind...

Reviving this question due to a problem I am having, customer has ISDN Service, and all calls leaving the PBX go as though no number is sent.

Went into ISDN PUB and made the changes as listed above.

Ext Length, Ext Code, and such.

Caller ID is still not being sent? Am I missing something more?

Surplus, I would call the provider of the outgoing trunks and let them know you will be sending the CID. Then in each of the outgoing trunks, goto page 2 and change 'Send Number' to Y. Once you have done the above, do a 'list trace sta xxxx' and make a outgoing call. You should see the ten digit number being sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back