Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending an email using perl

Status
Not open for further replies.

samisammour

Programmer
Aug 7, 2007
SY
I need to send emails with attachments from a perl script. I tried to use metamail from shell but I couldn't.
Please anyone can help.
Thanks a lot.

I like to use Mail::Sender for that but there are a lot of different modules that send attachments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[noevil]
Travis - Those Who Say It Cannot Be Done Are Usually Interrupted by Someone Else Doing It; Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions;

Have a look in the FAQs section sami, some good examples in there.

Mike

When working on any project the value of other people is exactly that - they are other people, with views that don't necessarily match yours. This mismatch, between their views and the view you've been contentedly assuming is right, is where that value lies.

I now use Mail::Sender as well. But I have found some damn good free scripts from the CGI Resource Index website, which are easy to set up and have many features.

if u have shell, u can use mailx option. U can also send attachments with mailx option.

I tend to use MIME::Lite if I use perl for sending emails, with or wihtout attachments. But it looks like samisammour as abondoned this thread.

------------------------------------------
- Kevin, perl coder unexceptional! [wiggle]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back