Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending an email from a Definity PBX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxer

Programmer
Feb 20, 2004
US
Hello:

I noticed in the ASA software on a Definity PBX that there is a way to receive an email when a trunk goes into a "out of service" state. I would like the email to go to a MS exchange server. Do I need to install any special software on the switch? If so, how can I tell if I have this special software? What is the format I should use for my email address? Thanks for all your help

Thanks

Go into the report and hit Help. It will give you a list of examples for Mail services. If you are on Exchange, I believe you would put "ex:username@domain.com" then select "Use a existing profile" (You will have to go to control panel>Mail> Then click on the "show profile" button.) Enter in a name of a profile listed...most likely yours.

In the future everything will work...

You do this from ASA. The switch does not send an email but ASA will. Under options in ASA 2.0 you will find the smtp settings that are required. Once you have that configured with the email server info you can have trunk monitoring send an email if an alarm or trunk goes out.

Is there an upgrade for ASA 1.0 to 2.0? I would like to be able to send alarm emails to my BlackBerry.

If so where is it available, can I download it?

thanks

I beleive this has been offered for a while in ASA, setup a monitor trunks under the fault and preformance tab and on the first screen you can choose to have ASA email you. But ASA has to be running on a PC with an email profeam running and connect to the PBX for the alarms. Then it can send notification.

Also, be warned if you are running Outlook 2000 and up you will need the program clickyes...SP3 will not allow ASA to send a email out on your behalf. A pop up window comes up asking yes or no to send an email on your behalf. Use Outlook Express or Lotus.

In the future everything will work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back