Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending an access report to word, graphic doesn't appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LISABBB

Technical User
May 3, 2006
US
I have created an absolutely lovely report, which is perfect except for one little thing. (Isn't that always the case?!) I need to be able to export the complete report to MS Word so the end user can add comments beyond the scope of the database and delete information they don't want in the report. No biggie except that I use a graphic at the top of each page of the report, and that doesn't seem to export from Access to Word. Any tricks or hints I might try?

As an aside, Microsoft claims that .rtf files are almost prefect to translate an access report so it can be opened in word. You'll learn the hard way to keep your reports as simple as possible. As you've found, when you start embellishing the report with graphics, underlines, word art, columns, it doesn't work to good.

Check the report utilities at Stephen has a possible solution.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Well, it looks like the lebans stuff does what I am trying to do, but how do I implement it in my database? Now I feel really stupid! I downloaded the zip file, and it gives me a database that has a report with a chart. I would think if I could figure out what he did that I need in my program, my graphic would work too. But, I don't know which things I need to grab, or how to make the refer to my report instead of his. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen Lebans will provide support in the MS Access public news groups. There are links on his site the the news groups.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]

I am still struggling...no answers in the newsgroups, perhaps because I am just so obviously clueless as to how to even figure out what part of the code I need or where to find it (and then where to put it in my database.) Surely I am not the only one who has wanted to output graphics to word?

I've been out of town for about a week. The link at Lebans is If you want to get Stephen's attention in the public news groups, use a subject line like:
[blue]Lebans ReportUtilities: I'm Lost[/blue]

Duane MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back