Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending ALT Y to Protege Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

fldiver

Vendor
Oct 12, 2011
US
Hello everyone, I am trying to install a Sprint Protege Voice mail system and I am communicating via ProcommPlus V4.8 direct connect. Terminal emulation needs to be TVI

The problem I am having is I need to send a ALT Y command to my voice mail unit. I have tried to write a script as follows

;COMWRITE.WAS

proc main

integer ALT_Y = 0x12 ;Key code for <ALT><Y>.

comwrite ALT_Y ;Write <ALT><Y> to the current port.
endproc

Its not working does anyone see what I am doing wrong or can anyone suggest to me how to get Procomm to send the ALT Y to my voice mail? I've tried everything. Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks

What is "alt y" on the keyboard? The F12 key? Does it work from the keyboard? If so, open the keyboard editor and verify what the key maps to. Then use the "transmit" command to send that key sequence.

For example, on a VT100 keyboard, I use the F4 key, which sends the following "^[OS" So, in my scripts I have transmit "^[OS"
and it works fine.

By ALT Y I mean you press the ALT key and the Y key together. My voice mail system wants to see whatever ALT Y is supposed to send I do not know for sure what that should be.

ok so if I put procomm in doorway mode and pull up the monitor window when i press alt Y it sends 00 15 but my voice mail is not responding with anything?

Do you have to stick w/ comwrite? You could try

Code:
sendkey ALT 'Y'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back