Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending a run line command

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbytech

MIS
Feb 10, 2004
US
Hi everyone!

Is it possible to send a run line command from a VB6 application? I know how to call programs using shell but I really just needed to send a quick one line command that I normally would type into Start\run.

Thanks in advance!

I don't understand your question completely. Do you want to open Windows 'Run' dialog?

If so, you can see thread222-1065421 and thread222-628509.

Well sort of. I really just need to send a one line command that I would either put into a cmd window or the run line.

The only way I know to do that now is to use shell and call a bat file that has the command in it already.

I was looking for a way to do that without the bat files.

You could shell the actual command itself.

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

Yeah, there is no limitation on shell to only calling batch files.

If you're looking at opening a document then you could use the ShellExecute API.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back