Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send voicemail to all mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylric

Technical User
Jan 31, 2008
CA
Is there a way with callpilot to record a voicemail and send it to all mailbox of the callpilot?

For example, I have an important announcement to do and I want every people of my company to get the voicemail.

Can we do that with callpilot?

Details :
Callpilot 5.0

Thank you,

Sylvain Richard

"Work is like an adventure. You have to fullfill goal to progress in your journey.

Yes, login into your mb, create a msg and send it to the broadcast mb (the default broadcast mb is 5555). All users with broadcast allowed in their mb will receive your msg.

Oh, great, thank you!

Sylvain Richard

"Work is like an adventure. You have to fullfill goal to progress in your journey.

The bits that you are missing is that you need to :

1: Check the mailbox class to ensure that the mailbox leaving the message has the permission to actually do it (found under message delivery in the class).

2: That the MWI is set when a message is left (found under message management/broadcast information).

3: That if you have mailboxs with a length greater than 4 (ie: 5 or more digits in the default size) that the broadcast box is the same length.

Recording editing etc is the same as any message you would send to a single or multiple group.

Something to think about with broadcast:

1: Not everybody has a mailbox

2: Not everybody that has a mailbox actually use the mail

3: Once listened to, the message basically is gone.

4: Its likely that there will be a lot of password reset requests.

Consider an announcement.... easy to call, and there as long as you want it to be.

Good thinking DFKSydney,

I think a broadcast announcement will be more usefull than a voicemail. And more than what you said, if all people decide to look at their voicemail at the same time, I may have a channel issue....

Thanks about bringing me those points.

Sylvain Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back