Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send To Mail Recip (as an attachment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstabb

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2004
US
When browsing files and right clicking on them, send to, Mail recipient instead of launching the word e-mail editor, it launches the Outlook editor. It also does this if I am in Word. Clicking on file, send to, mail recipient (as an attachment). It also launches Outlook.
In the Outlook Options, under mail format, I have it checked to use Word as the e-mail editor and have it checked to use outlook as the default e-mail, contacts and calendar.
This is only a big deal because we use signatures and the signature does not show up automatically when it launches Outlook as the editor.

To my knowledge, that's just the way it is when using Outlook. We use that at work, and I send stuff in different ways. If you want to be able to edit it using Word as the editor, you have to create a new email from within Outlook, then attach the file by dragging to the email, or using the "insert attachment" option.

If someone knew of a real "fix" for that, that would be pretty neat, but I doubt there are any. Maybe Microsoft will get that one right in later versions.

sstab,

When you create an e-mail using the method you stated, in the e-mail if you click Insert, do you not have Signatures available?

dodomfcg

Maybe sstab's just talking about how that when you send an attachment the way sstab's referencing, you do not get the auto-inserted signature, and usually, it doesn't insert the signatures (from the signatures menu) the same as if Word were being used as the email editor). Just my guess into that part..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back