Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send quiz score by email

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom747

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
DE
I'm a teacher and I've created (well plagarized) and online multiple choice quiz which picks questions at random from an array and gives a score at the end. I'd like to send the results by email but "mailto:" doesnt seem to work: I want to send a a variable and its value and not the contents of a form. Can I do this using js or will I have to set somethingf up on the server (Apache) ?

Dominic

If you do this on a regular basis (the quiz, that is) it would be a lot easier to set up an online database. You could post the scores to each student's name (presumably this is a teaching tool) and then cycle through the database to send email to each student. It can be done in Javascript but it's a lot easier using Perl. If you want some help with this, let me know. There's always a better way...

If you don't mind I would like to get a copy of the plagarized quiz program

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back