Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send phonecall with modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disc0rd

Programmer
Jun 5, 2007
US
I've been playing around with lots of tapi libraries / activex controls and I haven't found anything that works for this and it should be so easy. I simply want to call a number using my modem. Ideally i'd be able to send an automated voice message as well but for right now i'd be happy with just being able to call. Does anyone have an example of a simple way to do this? - Thanks for any help

-Discord

I would think this is more a matter of modem commands than any kind of programming. Assuming you got sending a string to a port, and reading from a port down (and finding the modem), all it would take is to send "ATDT <phone number>" and then read for return codes "CONNECT", "BUSY", etc.

Google "TAPI" and be sure to read the Wikipedia article (which will probably come up first.) You can "dial a number" using modem (AT) commands, but for your future objective of streaming a voice message, TAPI is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back