Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

send on behalf of issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeceSavage

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2009
US
Ok so maybe someone can help me here.

I have people setup to send on behalf of someone, and all are able to send emails as the person they have permission to send on behalf of.

The issue is that some users do this and the received email said sent on behalf of, but some just send as the person they sent on behalf of which is kind of annoying. ie: secretary sends email as an attorney, but it just shows on the other end as though it is from the attorney with no sent on behalf of.

Thanks for the help.

-Reece

Sound like you have send as permissions set, on the attorney's AD account look in the Security tab for the secretary's account and ensure that she doesn't have "Send As" permissions

Send As was checked, but unchecking it didn't resolve the issue. Perhaps I gave them to many other permission? Anyone have a sample setup? Security, Mailbox Rights, etc. They need to be able to have the attorneys email open at all times. I have that done in Outlook right now in the mail settings. I add the user as a mailbox to open.

-Reece

Send As permission changes can take up to 2 hours to become effective, did you leave any time between removing the right and testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back