Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send Main to External Sendmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

beye1850

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2002
US
I have an internal webserver setup on my lan. I setup some forms on the internal website that are e-mailed to a certain user. The internal webserver is running sendmail. I want the internal webserver/sendmail to forward all mail to my real (external) mail server. How can i do this?

You can edit the virtusertable and have all mail for a user go to an e-mail address. It would look something like this:

username you@otherdomain.com

Either column can be a user name, a domain or e-mail address. Using just the username assumes it is local so you don't need to add the @yourdomain.com.

In addition to RhythmAce's advice, another option could be using DS variable in Sendmail.cf file to relay mails to the external mail server so that they can go out of ur network:)

Regds,

- Hemant
Networking and Systems Integration Group
Satyam Computer Services Ltd

if you have a real account (unix login)on the send mail
server you can create a .forward file in your home directory and include the external email address in that file on the 1st line. when the unix account gets an email it will forward it to the external address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back