Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

send mail without user participation

Status
Not open for further replies.

orionsong

Programmer
May 8, 2000
MY
Can someone tell me how to let Access send mail without needing the user to login to their e-mail, coz then the user might click on cancel when Access send mail event is activated.<br>Currently, what happens is that user must be logged in to their email and Access will send email without prompting user for password. <b>But,</b> <i>if user is not logged in to their email account then access will prompt user for their email account password.</i> <b>This is what i want to avoid.</b>

Put a copy of their e-mail programs, Icon in the Start folder so it starts when they boot their computer.<br>In the properties of the Icon put &quot;Run Minimized&quot; so when it loads it's in the Tray at the bottom out of the way.<br>How do they know if they have e-mails if the program is closed anyway?<br>If you are using Outlook you can set a it to &quot;Display a Message when e-mail arrives&quot; so a box pops up.<br>Also if you have sound you can pick a .WAV file to notify them too.<br><br>And tell them to leave the e-mail program open all day long.<br><br>That's one of our policies. We depend on e-mail alot.<br>That's the way the world runs today.<br> <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back