Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send mail internally

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbundy

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2016
US
So, here's my setup:

Server A - Domain controller hosting Exchange 2010...connected to the firewall and the internet via DMZ

Server B - Application server also connected vis the same DMZ address

Our developers designed a new registration program for our software. However, when a user registers, the program is supposed to send an email. Developers are using chilkat smtp program. I cannot get anything to go through at all. Both servers are behind the firewall, so connectivity should not be an issue.

I can telnet to the DC hosting Exchange, but haven't been able to send a message using telnet (pretty sure this is my lack of knowledge).

I also sent up a receive connector for the app server using all kinds of different configurations, but still no luck at all.

I did install SMTP on the app server....I have not, as yet shut that down.

Basically what needs to happen is a user registers via the internet, the request is NAT through the firewall to the app server. The registration program then sends an email to an internal user documenting the registration. Only the message doesn't go anywhere.

Just as a side note I don't see anything in the Windows event logs on the DC.....have not checked the logs on the app server....
Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks in advance

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back