Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send Key macro vs lotusscript sendkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmartinATR

IS-IT--Management
Aug 5, 2014
US
Good morning:
I have no experience with LotusScript or with Lotus in general, however, the old computer we had, Win XP SP3, was running Lotus 97. I installed Lotus SmartSuite 9.8 on a Win7 computer and changed the compatibility mode to XP SP3. Most things are running fine, but I have a couple of areas that I can't seem to figure out. There is a macro that adds a line to a worksheet view when the F11 key is pressed. This macro is calling a lotusscript subroutine. Everything is working as expected until we hit the last line of the subroutine. The last line is:

Sendkeys "{TAB 7}"

When it gets to that line we receive an error that says Internal Error [3-7]. I know I can just take the line out and the new line will be added with no problem (I've already tested that). The issue is that we want the cursor to be in a particular column of the new line. I've tried adding send key to the macro but it appears to just ignore it.

Any advice on getting that last little piece to work?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back