Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send emails to multiple recipients one at a time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottograham

Technical User
Mar 30, 2001
US
Is there a utility that can be used with Outlook 2000 to take a list of recipients and send the same message to each (with attachments, etc) so that only one name appears in the T0: section?

Thanks..

Otto Graham

Fast way is to copy the list into the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy)

Nothing in the To: list.

That way no names will appear

Blue [dragon]

If I wasn't Blue, I would just be a Dragon...

The best I can do is use the BCC field, this hides all other recipients and I put my own address in the To field

Neil Berryman
IT Trainer
neil_berryman@btopenworld.com

I agree with nberryman, all you need to do is put all your recipients in the BCC line and for good measure, put your own email address in the To: line. At least you'll know the email has been sent when you receive it!

Another way of course, is to set up a "Group Email" then all you need to do is click on the group once to place it in the BCC line. Very handy when you've got about 200+ recipients!

Good luck
KB

Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much

You can write the email in word and do a mail merge which will send separate emails with the same information to different people if Outlook 2000 is set up so that you can send emails from word (ie. if you click on file click on send to, click on send mail recipient as attachment, it should go directly into Outlook 2000)

Create a table with names in one column and email addresses (with a row with these very headings which will be fields) in the other column as a separate file and save it

Then create a form letter, click tools, click mail merge, click, click create form letter, click active window, click get data, click open data source, select the file with the table that you created, open it. close the mail merge helper and go to insert field, and insert the name you are addressing it to.

Click on the merge icon (or go back to mail merge helper) on merge to click on the arrow, and select electronic mail, click on the set up button, on datafield with mail/fax address, select the field with your email addresses, add whatever subject line you want. If you want this to go as an attachment, click on send document as attachment.

Each email sent will only have one email address and be addressed to one person

Thanks to all who responded, and I'll try the WORD mail merge...

hi,

Using Word Mail Merge only goes to the person
send on TO: field.

Need to send CC:

How can this be done using Word Mail Merge.

Cap2010

It can be done using Outlook mail merge, but you simply send separate mail to all your recipients.

You need to enter your addresses into a separate Outlook Contacts Folder. You can import them for instance from Excel. Name your folder "list" or for that matter "monkeys" or whatever you want to.

Open that contacts folder. Click >tools >mail merge. At the bottom of the dialogue box choose Form Letters and Email under type of document. Word will open up. Put your text in word (or you can choose to send an existing document). You will need to enter one field (Like the person's name) in the document itself. Click merge. The file will send to your dedicated email program. If this is Outlook (in other words, use Outlook for the addresses, even if you use another email program) you will have to ok each attempt to access outlook for the addresses. The only work around for this is a little freeware program called "click yes". You can find it by searching here, bu the way. It will save you that trouble. Once the mail is merged to your email program you can send the whole batch. Much classier than 100 cc's.

Other program allow you to click "don't warn me again" to get rid of this problem.

I can't do this in all PC. Application will run from any PC of respective user authorised and they will send.

Is there other way.

Cap2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back